Web Application Developer
Department: Information Technology (IT)
Location: Onsite – Greenbush, MN
Reports to: IT Manager
Number of Positions: 1
Position Type: Full-Time
Schedule (may change based on business needs): 8-5pm
As a Web Application Developer, you will be responsible for developing and/or designing data-driven responsive websites and web applications for our company. You will be working alongside a cross-functional team in creating, maintaining, and updating our websites, fulfilling both the technical and design needs of your internal and external partners. You will create code for the front and back-end of a website, run tests to ensure functionality, as well as update them periodically to meet new design trends or security standards.
Must be able to…
- Design, build, and maintain website and web applications.
- Confer with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Perform website updates.
- Develop or validate test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Maintain an understanding of the latest web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups.
- Use version control system such as Git or SVN to control development, allow testing of features/concepts and facilitate disaster recovery
- Identify problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing and correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel.
- Evaluate code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Provide continued support for one or more web properties.
- Maintain communication with team members and supervisors concerning the direction of the website.
- Code and script applications.
- Perform routine site audits, as well as ongoing maintenance, on an as-needed basis.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of software design and programming principles.
- Good mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication, interpersonal and team-working skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them.
- Understanding of REST and responsive design
- Ability to troubleshoot and optimize web pages for security and responsiveness
- Understanding of network diagnostics and analytical tools
- An openness and drive to learning new technologies and techniques.
- Focus on delivering quality outcomes
- Passionate about continuous improvement; generating and implementing ideas for making process, procedure, experience better
- Ability to travel to other Central Boiler locations (Greenbush, MN, Red Lake Falls, MN) as needed
Preferred Qualifications/Selection Criteria:
- Experience and/or a strong interest in working in IT for manufacturing
- Experience in agile collaboration
- Certification in application development
- Experience working as part of a development team
- Project management experience
- Understanding of search engine optimization (SEO) practices
- Experience with AWS, Google Cloud, and MS Azure
Physical Requirements such as below:
- Physical requirements include sitting, walking, and reading.
- Generally, spend the workday sitting at a workstation and operating computer devices, such as, but not limited to keyboard, mouse and screen.
- Generally, spend the workday performing repetitive motions that involve or affect the hands and head.